Thursday, July 7, 2016

Paris: City of Lights; City of Memories; City of a New Temple

This morning as I arrived in Paris for my flight to Lomé, I had a lovely view of the center of Paris and the Eiffel Tower in the morning light. This photo doesn't do it justice!

I thought about all the wonderful memories I have of Paris and my visits there with Cathryn and with Geoff, Jason, and Emma on different occasions.

I passed through Paris on my way to Toulouse as a new missionary in 1980. Next week, Brian will also pass through Paris as he travels to Turkey to serve as a missionary 36 years later!

A few days after Brian passes through Paris, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will visit the New Paris Temple where they will make a video singing in front of the new temple that will be completed next year.

In May 2004, President Hinckley visited Paris and said, "I don't know when it will be built, but I am confident that we will have a temple for the French-speaking people of the Church sometime in the future. . . You are worthy of the richest blessings of the Church. You are worthy of every blessing which this Church has to offer. And there is no blessing greater than the blessing of the house of the Lord. . . Sometime in the future a beautiful house of the Lord will grace this land."

What a blessing the new temple will be for the people of France!